Saturday, January 23, 2021

Saturday Share: Woven Backgrounds

 I'm teaching again today! (online class hosted by the lovely folks at The Original Sewing Expo!) So I'll make this a short post.

Summer Solstice

Textile Art by Monique Kleinhans 

Today we are exploring creating woven backgrounds to make two fabrics (or more!) into beautiful and creative backgrounds for focus pieces. It's a technique that I was first introduced to by my Mom who had just purchased Anna Faustino's book Simply Stunning Woven Quilts prior to a quilting retreat. As soon as my Mom started playing, almost everyone else at the retreat ran to the store to get the supplies needed to play along and my Mom ended up teaching an impromptu class herself! Since then, I've enjoyed using the different styles of weaving fabrics together to add lots of movement and color into projects. 




No comments:

Post a Comment