Saturday, January 2, 2021

Saturday Share: My Heart Has Wings

 

My Heart Has Wings

Wall Quilt by Monique Klienhans


Lyrics for My Heart Has Wings by Aengus Finnan

My heart has wings, love,

Wings to carry me home.

And my heart it sings, love,

Your name is its song.


I created this piece for an exhibit at the Sandpiper Gallery a number of years ago. The background is pieced with a pattern called Hugs and Kisses (as it makes up Xs and Os.) The butterflies are thread embellished and appliquéd. There are three butterflies flying above the canvas of the quilt which were made using a special batting that allows you to mold and sculpt the item by heating it before it becomes permanent. 

I'm working on some new pieces for another Sandpiper Gallery show coming this spring. I'll be sure to keep you posted! 


No comments:

Post a Comment