Saturday, December 26, 2020

Saturday Share: Frog

 

Frog

Thread painted wall quilt 

I love learning about Native Americans' beliefs of what animals have to teach us and that when you attention is caught by different animals the myths and stories of their nature can be used as a meditation for your own life. 

The frog is the totem of metamorphosis. It symbolizes coming into your personal power and it reminds us not to become bogged down in our day to day living. People with frog medicine give support and energy where it is needed.  They can cleanse the negativity from an environment.

This little frog came into being when my Mom signed us both up for my first ever thread art class with the lovely Ellen Anne Eddy back in 2007. Those two days were pure magic as I was introduced to the joys of thread painting and a whole new world of creating art with fiber. My Mother actually started this little guy in class and then gave him to me to finish (as I'm sure she could see that my creative fire had been lit and thread painting had become such a joy for me to do.) 

Between the wonderful support of my Mother's and Ellen's guidance, I certainly feel that this piece was the start of much personal growth both in my art and in seeing myself as an artist.  And now I get to enjoy passing along as much frog energy as I can while teaching others the joys of fiber art and seeing them begin to realize their own potential and power in their work. 


No comments:

Post a Comment