Saturday, November 28, 2020

Saturday Share: Montana Barn

Montana Barn 

Textile Art by Monique Kleinhans 

Wooden barns are part of the makeup of the landscape all across Montana.  We see them in various stages of decay, but they never lose their beauty and even the ones that stand on their last legs still hold their original sense of purpose and use.  I loved spending time in my father’s barn when I was growing up…feeding the livestock or finding treasures of old metal long since discarded from their original purpose and watching the sunlight play through the cracks of the aged shelter.  My Montana Barn series captures a few of these majestic wonders sometimes named simply by the closest mile marker I could find.

I composed the background with applique, the trees using layers of thread and the barn with fabric and thread embellishment. Each layer was then appliquéd to the background and thread added to combine all the pieces into one.


No comments:

Post a Comment