Friday, November 13, 2020

Saturday Share: Choir of Poppies

 I'm sharing one of my designs that I turned into an applique pattern for today's Saturday Share. 

Choir of Poppies

It's not only timely due to our celebration of Veteran's Day this past week, but also because I have the pleasure of teaching this project today via an online class out in my studio today! 

While the world has thrown us more than enough challenges this year, there is always a silver lining to every struggle. And this year more of us have learned how to stay connected using a technology that is often blamed for making us more isolated. While it will never compare to being in the room with my students, what I love about teaching online is it allows me the ability to connect with students that I would most likely never have had the opportunity to share a classroom with before. 

So while outside my window the snow is blowing and landscape is covered in white, there will be a garden of flowers blooming across the country...in one small sewing room after another. 

Sew on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment