Friday, October 16, 2020

Saturday Share: My Heart Has Wings

The past couple of days I've had the privilege of attending the Studio Art Quilters Association's Regional Conference. (via zoom as this is a no-contact year). My head is full of ideas as I've been watching and listening to other artists share their work and talk about their process. It is such an amazing experience to be part of such an active group. I wish I could share a fraction of what is percolating in my brain right now, but I suppose since no one has yet invented a window for creative brains you'll just have to wait along side me to see what comes of the seeds that have been planted. But I can imagine my ideas flying around in my mind, much like these butterflies...

If you ever want to talk about SAQA with me, I'll be happy to share my thoughts with you...and if you're looking for a community that will offer you a treasure-chest of resources, consider joining in. 


My Heart Has Wings was a wall quilt created using traditional piecing with applique butterflies, some found fabrics, some painted fabrics, and some three-dimensional butterflies flying up and off the quilt that were quilted with heat moldable batting (which allows me to sculpt them using heat and then they keep their shape once cool). 




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful piece!!!!! My friend and I were co reps for SAQA Michigan...I maintained our blog from 2009 for a few years. Haven't been a member since that time. Guess I should check it out again sometime!!! Thanks for the post and again, you piece is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do Robbie! They have really done a lot since I first joined. thanks for your sweet comment. I hope you are enjoying some good creative time and staying well. <3

    ReplyDelete