Saturday, September 5, 2020

Saturday Share: September 5th

This week's Saturday Share was created using a fun combo of a number of different techniques.

I love exploring ways that different techniques can support one another. In this piece I played with creating a circle woven background, created a thread-painted raven and then added some appliqued leaves-including some 3-D leaves with added texture. 

I created this piece just as I was beginning to take myself and my art more seriously, and it was one of the textile works that I included in my first invitation to show my work at a gallery show. 

There are many stories and legends that involve ravens. The ones that speak most to me talk of the raven helping to bring light to people,  and to help transform their world. This one certainly helped to transform mine!

                                


                                Edgar


No comments:

Post a Comment