Saturday, September 12, 2020

Saturday Share: Painted Skies


This week's Saturday's Share is using a technique I call 'twice painted quilts'. I start with a photo I took for inspiration and then extended the photo out using inktense watercolor pencils and then continue coloring with thread to add some texture embellishment. 

I'm excited that this piece has been accepted to show at an exhibit called Broad Spectrum hosted by the Studio Art Quilt Associates in October. 

As so much of our country is desperate for blue sky right now (in the wake of all the horrible wild fires) I thought I would share one of my pieces that celebrated looking up into clear cobalt skies enjoying the fall colors we are starting to see pop up as the weather starts to change. 

Let's hope for clearer skies soon. 

2 comments: